We are looking for a talented customer-facing Solutions Architect with some dev-ops skills who is passionate about building and designing applications on blockchain/distributed ledger technology.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be part of the professional services team, your mission is to help our customers solve complex groundbreaking problems using R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise and confidential computing offering, Conclave.
You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda and Conclave. Please note this role is a combination of hands-on and an advisory role depending on the client. Would suit someone who has been doing a development role but is looking for a challenge including design, architecture, and infrastructure.
- The ultimate responsibility is to help R3 customers succeed in implementing any R3 product, either Corda or Conclave, the first foundation block starts with the ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Facilitate architectural and design workshops with customers to understand their distributed ledger use-case.
- Based on these workshops, design customer solutions, map customer requirements to R3 product features, understand gaps, create target architecture and design documents to enable the build phase.
- Lead development of solutions with inhouse or customer development teams using Java/Kotlin and R3 incumbent technologies leveraging Agile or Waterfall methodologies whilst promoting good software development practices.
- Provide Infrastructure blueprints leveraging containers and Kubernetes for deployment on common clouds offerings such as Azure, AWS or GCW to help provision with Terraform and Ansible.
- Facilitate customer training workshops customising content to fit customer needs to educate our customers on R3 product base.
- Provide new insights to various business applications, working with the relevant design teams within R3 to ensure these are reflected in our product documentation.
- Identify opportunities to expand customer relationship and associated opportunities for services.
- Participate in internal/external events to help promote R3 DLT presence.
- Provide visibility into project requirements to assist R3 product development teams further enhance R3’s platform/product capabilities.
- Help customers with their go-live activities, advising on all matters related to security, infosec and GIS, helping with non-functional requirements, such as performance testing and disaster recovery.
Key Skills Required for the Role
- Understand how to convert business requirements into solution designs, demonstrating good judgement, and a pragmatic approach that combines business constraints and engineering realities.
- You must demonstrate high levels of proficiency in software development tasks, ideally in Kotlin, Java, or other JVM-based languages.
- Understanding of, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes and CI/CD for Jenkins is required for this role, a true dev-ops engineer who understands the concept of ‘you build it you run it’, someone with a passion for dev-ops.
- Worked on the full project life cycle of projects, design, development and testing.
- A polyglot programmer who has an amplitude to pick up other languages other than Java/Kotlin.
- Good stakeholder management skills to navigate uncertainty and risks appropriately and ability to escalate when required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences with good presentation skills with natural flair confidence with customers.
- An entrepreneurial and analytical mindset that enables you to contribute to wider team innovation and improvement projects.
- Experience in Trade Finance or Capital Markets.
- Experience in the payments space.
- Previous development of blockchain or distributed ledger technologies and an understanding of distributed architecture.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.