We are looking for a talented customer-facing Senior Solutions Engineer with some dev-ops skills who is passionate about building and designing applications on blockchain/distributed ledger technology.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the professional services team, your mission is to help our customers solve complex groundbreaking problems using R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise and confidential computing offering, Conclave. You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda and Conclave. Please note this role is a combination of hands-on and Advisory depending on the client. Would suit someone who has been doing a development role but now wants to take on design, architecture and infrastructure.
- The ultimate responsibility is to help R3 customers succeed with their implementation of any R3 product, either Corda or Conclave.
- Facilitate architectural and design workshops with customers to understand their blockchain use-case.
- Based on these workshops, design Corda applications, supporting software, packaging, documentation.
- Train and Mentor our customers on concepts of Corda.
- Provide Infrastructure blueprints leveraging Kubernetes for deployment on Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Provide new insights into the use of Corda within particular business applications, working with the relevant design teams within R3 to ensure these are reflected in our product documentation.
- Identify opportunities for the use of Corda in new applications and associated opportunities for Services.
- Synthesize common concepts from projects into a reusable tool-kit that enables clients and partners to accelerate design, deployment and integration of their Corda-based applications. This includes software, tools, documentation, and training.
- Provide visibility into project requirements to assist R3 product development teams further enhance Corda platform capabilities.
Key Skills Required for the Role
- Previous experience in working in customer-facing roles.
- Understand how to convert business requirements into solution designs, demonstrating good judgement, and a pragmatic approach that combines business constraints and engineering realities.
- You must demonstrate high levels of proficiency in software development tasks, ideally in Kotlin, Java, or other JVM-based languages, as Kotlin and Java development skills are required for the role. If not you must have a strong interest in learning these new skills.
- Understanding of, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes and CI/CD for Jenkins is required for this role, a true dev-ops engineer who understands the concept of ‘you build it you run it’, someone with a passion for dev-ops.
- Worked on the full project life cycle of projects, design, development and testing.
- A polyglot programmer who has an amplitude to pick up other languages other than Java/Kotlin.
- Good stakeholder management skills to navigate uncertainty and risks appropriately and ability to escalate when required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences with good presentation skills with natural flair confidence with customers.
- Have a good sense of urgency and know-how to prioritize.
- Willingness to juggle multiple customers and opportunities.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
R3 may process the personal data collected or identified as being imported in accordance with R3’s Recruitment Privacy. Read the policy here. In particular, R3 will use the personal data provided for the purposes of processing your application for the role you have applied for, to assess your suitability for the role as well as to enter into a contract with you if you are successfully brought onto the R3 team.