We are looking for a talented customer-facing Solutions Engineer who is passionate about DevOps.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be part of the professional services team, your mission is to help our customers solve complex groundbreaking problems using R3’s blockchain/distributed ledger platform Corda Enterprise. You will leverage your technical expertise to help our customers create scalable solutions using the latest capabilities of Corda.
As a Solutions Engineer who is focused on DevOps, you will be responsible for the architecture, design and build of infrastructure for our customer solutions, be an expert in cloud technologies, such as Azure, AWS and Google cloud. You will be focussing on creating highly scalable architecture using distributed systems.
You will have a strong understanding of infrastructure as code, with commercial experience in building out orchestration and infrastructure using tools such as Terraform & Ansible and expand our containerisation story using Docker and Kubernetes.
What are you required to do?
- Participate in deployment workshops with R3 customers to understand their bespoke infrastructure requirements.
- Understand customer requirements and provide guidance on which deployment strategy.
- Build new scripts based on customer requirements and leverage R3’s deployment templates.
- Provide expert guidance on automated Cloud Infrastructure and software deployment. Provide expert guidance on monitoring tools with a focus on production stability
- Work with customers to ascertain infrastructure and hosting requirements for their DLT application.
- Understand and articulate these requirements and leverage our deployment tools and processes.
- Constantly work on improving and creating a toolset to improve infrastructure tooling.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Help our customers with scalability and disaster recovery and maintainability of Corda and Conclave Applications.
- Cloud experience, Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Kubernetes experience in a commercial enterprise product and have a thorough understanding of taking software to production.
- Any Experience with monitoring systems super helpful. (DataDog, Graphite/Grafana)
- Strong with scripting languages, a polyglot dev-ops engineer can pick up Ansible and Terraform
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.