The Professional Services team helps customers build new business models on Corda via the creation of new Corda applications (CorDapps). We help customers design, develop and deploy Corda based solutions and Corda business networks.
By joining the Professional Services team as a Solutions Engineer, you will become a key member of a small and versatile team. As an intern, we will expose you to a variety of disciplines at the heart of major projects, working with teams of passionate and motivated people. Following training you will work with global clients through their design, development, and deployment of the next generation of blockchain technologies. Furthermore, depending on your preference and skill set you have the potential to work with technology companies, global businesses, regulators and law firms to quickly validate use-cases for distributed applications built on Corda and partner to support delivery of those solutions into production.
- Support Solutions Engineers to facilitate architectural and design workshops with customers to understand their blockchain use-case.
- Based on customer workshops, help with the design of Corda applications and documentation of customer reports.
- Synthesize common concepts from projects into a reusable tool-kit that enables clients and partners to accelerate design, deployment and integration of their Corda-based applications. This includes software, tools, documentation, and training.
- Help to answer customer technical questions around key concepts of Corda.
- Assist with testing within the Professional Services team of new product releases, SDKs, accelerators and partner initiatives.
- Help test deployment releases on various cloud services platforms.
- Provide new insights into the use of Corda within particular business applications, working with the relevant design teams within R3 to ensure these are reflected in our product documentation.
- Support capturing product requirements to assist R3 product development teams further enhance Corda platform capabilities.
Education & Experience:
- Be well versed in software architecture and development, with demonstrable skills in functional and object-oriented programming- we use JVM based languages Kotlin and Java (Java must be one of your preferred languages)
- Possess the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, be comfortable with some ambiguity, and be willing to work beyond the strict wording of the job description in order to achieve the firm’s objectives
- Comfortable working with Linux OS commands since Corda runs on Linux-based systems
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences including the ability to work directly with development teams
- Be comfortable with challenging the status quo and recommending changes to R3 to move faster and more effectively while always looking to improve based upon learning
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 24th May (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the USA
- We hope to be able to offer at least some (if not all) of the 12 week internship in person this year- although this will be dependent on the ongoing pandemic and each countries individual guidelines and restrictions.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.
R3 may process the personal data collected or identified as being imported in accordance with R3’s Recruitment Privacy. Read the policy here. In particular, R3 will use the personal data provided for the purposes of processing your application for the role you have applied for, to assess your suitability for the role as well as to enter into a contract with you if you are successfully brought onto the R3 team.