We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join the finance team. Based in New York City, the position will support accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and tax compliance for R3. The position will report directly to the Group Financial Controller.
You will demonstrate strong accounting and analytical skills, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working closely with senior management across the organisation.
Duties & accountabilities
- Management Accounting
- Responsible for transactional level postings across General Ledger accounts including but not limited to accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, deferred & accrued income and cash.
- Contribute to the production of month end management accounts, including P&L and Balance Sheet with supporting analytical narrative for multiple entities and products
- Prepare complete and accurate balance sheet positions, supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis
- Support external audit effort by preparing schedules, providing documentation and responding to queries as needed
- Adhere to Company’s internal control framework and propose controls as needed for new processes and to improve existing ones
- Business Reporting and Planning
- Support the Finance Manager in the provision of accurate and timely monthly financials to senior management, providing analysis and projections of current and future performance
- In conjunction with the wider Finance team and Senior Management support the production of an annual plan and longer term 3 year plan
- Coordinate tax compliance for US federal, state and local tax processes, ensuring all direct and indirect tax returns are completed, filed and paid on time
- Serve as liaison between the Company, external tax advisors and tax authorities to respond to communications received
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years experience in Finance & Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (or working towards certification)
- Commercially astute and technically strong
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to display confidence in interaction with all levels of management
- Strong IT skills, experience with NetSuite and Oracle budgeting tools are an advantage
- Ability to organize and self-manage through high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Highly motivated, with a commitment to innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.