We are looking to hire an experienced Java ecosystem developer to work in Kotlin on the next generation of the Corda platform.
Existing open-source version of Corda can be found here: https://github.com/corda/corda
Depth of Expertise: Typically, 8+ years of significant commercial experience, in two or more areas.
Design features that involve multiple areas of architecture change and provide validation for decisions
Innovation & Improvement: Able to design multiple features that involve multiple areas of architecture change and provide validation for decisions
Level of Interaction: Able to assess the work of more junior engineers and continuously guide them
Ownership & Responsibility: Responsible for feature teams
Coaching & Talent Management: Line Management of individual engineers. One-to-one with direct reports including quarterly reviews of direct reports. Assisting in Technical Interviewing.
Impact: Able to own design & feature decisions
Decision Making: Own design & feature decisions
- Responsible for leading a medium size project or workstream, taking a feature from design to delivery based on requirements from Product Management and Technical Leadership team.
- Design complex IT solutions that span multiple functional areas, defining milestones and deliverables for every step of the way.
- Learning about the needs of customers and actively developing their knowledge in this space.
- Contributing to the technical vision of the Corda roadmap and provide detailed input on how to deliver that vision.
- Making sure that activities performed within a team align to the successful delivery of the Corda platform overall.
- Working closely with cross-functional team members, e.g., Product, QA and Project Management.
- Instilling best practices, and documenting and implementing architectural decisions.
- Working towards leading a development team through the ongoing delivery of the product, with tasks including overseeing code as well as hands-on contribution.
- Track work for the workstream and report on the progress to the Project Management Team.
- BSc. Degree or equivalent
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles, obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- Typically, 8+ years’ experience in an enterprise level environment
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services
- Familiarity of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems and/or operating systems development through networking, middleware, and application logic
- Proven problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.