The Sales Engineering team is responsible for engaging with R3’s strategic partners, as well as our end users, to facilitate a favourable view of Corda with our prospective customers. The role is a well-rounded one to include: pre-sales presentations and demos with a technical specialist, requirement gathering, business cases, RFP responses, proposals, architectural design of solutions and support to the sales partner teams as required. This is not a sales role but is a position in which there is opportunity to support the Sales team and act as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants.
- 50% of your time will be spent working on a demo project (the theme of which will be discussed with your mentor dependent on your interests). The aim of this project is to produce and deliver a working Corda demo and associated materials- hands on coding skills are essential!
- 50% of your time will be supporting the EMEA Sales Engineering team with the following;
-Attending client/partner sessions with the London team (Corda 101s, Deep-dives, Workshops etc)
-Independently planing and delivering Corda 101s
-Assisting with RFI/RFP responses and project proposals
-Developing Sales Engineering materials and collateral (presentations, RFP library etc)
-Assisting with planning & follow-ups to client/partner sessions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous software development experience is essential, as well as the projects that you may have completed during your studies at university. You’ll have strong Java programming skills (knowledge of Kotlin would be advantageous)
- Flexible with the ability to work independently in addition to working productively alongside our London based Sales Engineers
- An interest in Blockchain technology and the financial industry is essential
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage tasks as well as excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive, conscientious, self-motivated and goal oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge or experience of architecture topics (e.g. messaging, networks, security etc) would be advantageous
- Please note the start date for this position is Monday 21st June (subject to change) and our internship program lasts for 12 weeks; at present we can only consider applicants that commit to these time frames.
- Moreover, we cannot provide sponsorship for this position so in order to be considered, candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK
- We hope to be able to offer at least some (if not all) of the 12 week internship in person this year- although this will be dependent on the ongoing pandemic and each countries individual guidelines and restrictions.
How We’re Handling Covid-19
We are extremely grateful to continue to grow as a company during these unprecedented times. Our #1 priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our current and future R3’ers. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect throughout our interview and on-boarding processes.
Since March, most R3’ers have been working remotely, although we have opened some key office locations global, with limited capacity for those that cannot work from home or need to come into the office.
As you go through the virtual interview process with us, please don’t worry if children or pets make a guest appearance. We understand these things happen- it’s real life after all! If we are fortunate enough to welcome you to the team, we’ll get a laptop couriered to you and get you set up virtually on your first day. We also provide you with a “Work From Home” allowance to enable you to purchase some equipment to be more comfortable and productive.
We Have And Will Continue To Take Steps To Ease Some Of The Burden For Our R3’ers
We understand that Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways, so some of the additional support measures we have in place include;
- New Starter WFH allowance (as mentioned above) to get you setup to work productively at home
- Additional access to wellbeing resources (as well as the support provided as part of your Vitality Private Medical) including a year’s free subscription to the Headspace app and modules on our Lessonly training platform from MindGym (including Goal getting, Stress Busters and Virtual Work)
- We also have additional health and wellbeing resources available on our wiki pages when you join.