R3 is looking for a graduate/junior technical writer to join our rapidly growing Technical Writing Team and create instructional and reference documentation on complex technical subjects for a variety of target audiences.
Keep reading if you think you would:
- Become a documentation evangelist who’s passionate about technical writing.
- Enjoy transforming developer knowledge and code comments into human-readable, illuminating matter.
- Be able to inject flair and personality into dry technical documents.
- Be a bright problem solver with a creative mindset.
- Be a hard worker who wants to make a real impact.
- Like to share and celebrate success.
You would be a potential good fit if you:
- Have a degree in Technical Writing, Linguistics, Literature, Computer Science, or a related field, or are just super keen to be a technical writer.
- Can demonstrate exceptional writing and communication skills and an excellent command of English.
- Can show potential that you can write in an engaging way, with the right style and tone of voice.
- Think you can be a strong team player who is willing to speak up for the team and its values.
- Have the sharp mind of a quick learner who’s hungry for acquiring new knowledge and skills.
Additional brownie points if you can pick three of the following and apply them to yourself:
- You have some experience in technical writing, ideally in a software development environment.
- You are familiar with GitHub or other Git flavours.
- You are familiar with Markdown.
- You are familiar with Hugo or a similar static website generator.
- You have used an editor or IDE like Atom, IntelliJ, VSCode, or similar.
- You have some interest in UX and/or web development.
- You know what localisation, translation, and internationalisation are.
- You are a well-organised individual.
- Have an opinion on the use of the Oxford comma.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.