We are looking for a junior technical writer to join our technical writing team. You’ll learn about complex, rapidly evolving technology from our developers, and transform that knowledge into concise, friendly documentation for technical and nontechnical audiences.
Keep reading if you:
- Are a documentation evangelist who’s passionate about technical writing.
- Enjoy transforming developer knowledge and code comments into world-class documentation.
- Are an independent learner capable of tracking down information from disparate sources.
- Can work well with a diverse set of thinkers and personality types.
- Are a bright problem solver with a creative mindset.
- Work hard and want to make a real impact.
- Share and celebrate success.
- Have an opinion on the use of the Oxford comma.
- Hold a degree in technical writing, linguistics, literature, computer science, or a related field (or have equivalent practical experience).
- Have some experience creating technical documents and are familiar with agile documentation cadences and tools.
- Can demonstrate exceptional writing and communication skills and an excellent command of English.
- Are a strong team player willing to speak up for the team and its values.
- Are a quick learner hungry for new knowledge and skills.
- Github or other Git tools.
- Hugo or a similar static website generator.
- An editor or IDE like Atom, IntelliJ, VSCode, or similar.
- UX and/or web development.
- Agile working.
- Localisation, translation, and internationalisation.
At R3, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.