R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
We are looking for QA Engineers to join an amazing group of technologists to contribute to Corda, Corda Enterprise and other products in the Corda ecosystem. This role offers challenging opportunities for a QA Engineer who wants to take on responsibility for and ownership of the overall product quality where clients’ success with their top of stack applications depends on a reliable, stable and performant underlying platform.
You will have hands-on test automation experience and a willingness to test methodically and consistently alongside prototyping and experimentation. You are a detail-oriented QA Engineer with a desire to delight top-of-stack developers and operational personnel by providing them with a high-quality experience, spanning areas like error recovery, fault tolerance, data consistency and security. You are happiest when working with the software engineering teams on white box testing and developing and executing functional and non-functional tests. You are familiar with and have applied black-box and grey-box testing techniques. You will have a fastidious attitude to hunting down defects, edge cases and race conditions, and be able to share these with your software engineering team in an accurate, concise and meaningful way.
You will have a track record of correctly selecting automated or manual testing techniques and be experienced in working across an entire platform implementation with a willingness to deeply understand and own particular areas. You will have experience working in enterprise software firms where releases, software development lifecycles and PRs are the backbone of your work. The majority of your engineering experience will be from working in agile environments where software engineers, testers, product managers and DevOps work closely together and where you demonstrate passion for quality.
Most importantly, here at R3 Engineering we want to work with engineers who want to continue to grow as software professionals and craftspeople and who are excited to deliver excellence.
· Execute white box testing to provide usability, design and engineering quality assurance
· Collaborate directly with product managers to understand new feature requests in detail
· Work with software engineers to understand how features have been delivered and write appropriate tests to validate the quality of the delivery
· Champion quality within the development process by providing guidance to software engineers on appropriate unit and integration testing
· Display flexibility under changing priorities and a willingness to work alongside the software engineering team to achieve common objectives
· Identify opportunities for efficiency and development process improvements including but not limited to the use of off-the-shelf tooling, assessing quality on an ongoing basis and the adoption of best practices
· Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and professional experience
· Experience in an enterprise environment
· Hands-on experience with performance testing tools
· Hands-on experience writing test automation code and be comfortable working with the source code of enterprise software written in Java, C# or similar
· Experience working in small to medium sized software engineering teams
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Experience planning for and executing unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end system tests and non-functional tests
· Proven self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity