R3 is building the new operating system for financial markets. R3 is an enterprise software firm working with over 200 banks, financial institutions, regulators, trade associations, professional services firms and technology companies to develop Corda, our distributed ledger platform. (https://www.r3.com/about/)
Trade Finance and Supply Chain are two of the leading industries for R3’s Corda. As Trade Finance and Supply Chain lead you would;help set the goals, direction and strategy for the trade finance and supply chain businesses by bringing on new partners, joint GTM efforts with existing ecosystem participants, help partners develop new CordApps for sales to sell, account management, bespoke project proposals project management and business development. Each individual will work across the entire sales life cycle of the respective industry leveraging domain knowledge to identify, design and deliver relevant, high impact Blockchain CorDapps. This role will also feedback requirements to platform team.
- Help set the goals, direction and strategy for the trade finance and supply chain businesses
- Establish and manage senior relationships across key stakeholders
- Build and manage a strong partner ecosystem for R3’s supply chain and trade finance businesses
- Design and develop the strategy and plans for building a strong partner ecosystem
- Assist the entire sales life cycle for Trade Finance and supply chain assisting but not limited to; educating, nurturing and growing the ecosystem, bringing on new partners, joint GTM efforts with existing partners, help partners develop new CordApps for sales to sell, account management, bespoke project proposals project management and business development.
- Identify and negotiate high-value partnerships which can drive adoption of the Corda platform and revenue through development of CorDapps
- Engage closely with Business Development team to assist in closing deals related to Trade and Supply Chain
- Nurture existing relationships deliver ongoing mutual value and evolve the relationship as more R3 offerings come on-line
- Collaborate closely with R3 platform, services, commercial and legal teams for end-to-end partnership engagement, from initial agreement to CorDapp launch
- Maintain close monitoring of emerging, high potential opportunities which may be valuable CorDapp partners in future
- Contribute to the goals, direction and strategy for Trade Finance
- Stay abreast of industry developments and competitive landscape
- Understand current state of the industry vertical including end to end flow and pain points
- Ensure that Trade/Supply Chain is driving Corda adoption and when appropriate contribute toward the Corda road-map
- Contribute toward the revenue target for Trade Finance and Supply Chain
- Chair, lead and drive engagement through the Trade Finance working groups
- Represent R3 in related industry bodies and standards initiatives
- Source and cultivate relationships with key trade finance partners
- 15-20 years’ experience in Trade Finance and Supply Chain with strong contacts and understanding of business processes
- Good understanding of blockchain & distributed ledger technology is preferred, but not required
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience preparing and presenting strategy and planning materials to senior stakeholders
- Experience negotiating complex deals
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment with professional and technical fortitude
- Ability to facilitate design and brainstorming discussions and the ability to work collaboratively are key skills to the success of this role.
- Must have a vision and passion for simplifying back office lifecycles
- Must be able to multi-task between projects
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to manage time between projects, team members, startups and corporate partners
- Proactive self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Post Graduate Degree or BA is preferred, but not required
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
- Private Medical & Dental (location dependent)
- Retirement scheme & life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
- Competitive vacation allowance
- Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
- A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
- Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
- Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
- Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and services.