R3 is an enterprise software firm working with over 85 banks, financial institutions, regulators, trade associations, professional services firms and technology companies to develop Corda, its distributed ledger platform designed specifically for financial services. R3’s global team of over 110 professionals in 9 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from its global member base.
We are looking for a trainee management accountant to join the finance function. Based in London, the position will work across all aspects of Finance for R3. The position will report directly to the Finance Manager (EMEA).
You will demonstrate strong accounting and analytical skills, alongside excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working closely with senior management across the organisation.
Responsibilities – Management Accounting
- Contribute to the production of month end management accounts, including P&L and Balance Sheet with supporting analytical narrative for multiple entities and products
- Work closely with both in house and external accounting functions to ensure the correct reporting of costs and revenues
- Be responsible for transactional level postings across General Ledger accounts including but not limited to accruals, prepayments, Fixed Assets, deferred & accrued income and cash.
- Be responsible for sub ledger postings and associated bank / cash payments and receipts for all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities
- Retain responsibility for ensuring Intercompany accounts reconcile, including multi-currency revaluation of month end positions.
- Prepare complete and accurate balance sheet positions, supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Prepare complete and accurate bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
Responsibilities – Business Reporting and Planning
- Support the Finance Manager (EMEA) in the provision of accurate and timely monthly financials to senior management, providing analysis and projections of current and future performance
- In conjunction with the wider Finance team and Senior Management support the production of an annual plan and longer term 3 year plan
Responsibilities – Statutory Compliance and Control
- Contribute towards the preparation and filing of annual accounts
- Liaise with internal and external teams to ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Follow defined Group-wide policies to ensure the adherence to and effectiveness of financial controls for legal entities
Responsibilities – Taxation
- Ensure monthly Transfer Pricing costs and revenues are reconciled and journaled across the group, ensuring Intercompany transactions are accurately reflected in the underlying books and records of the relevant legal entities
- Ensure all direct and indirect tax returns are completed, filed and paid on time
- Strong academics, including a minimum 2:1 or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Part-qualified member of an accountancy body or proven interest in pursuing a professional accounting qualification
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, with a focus on system development
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- Highly motivated, with a commitment to innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.