R3 HoldCo LLC Website Privacy Statement — Full Statement
R3 HoldCo LLC (together with its subsidiaries, “R3,” “we,” or “us”) respects your concerns about privacy and values the relationship we have with you. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information we collect about you, how we use the information, with whom we share it, the choices available to you regarding our use of the information, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices. We never sell your data – to anyone.
- What Information Does This Privacy Statement Apply to?
This Privacy Statement applies to the collection, use, and disclosure of information from and about you by R3 on the R3 website (http://r3.com), through email communications, and through other sources. This Privacy Statement does not apply to other websites which may be accessible through hyperlinks on the Website.
Linking to a third party site does not necessarily mean that we endorse the site, any products or services described on the site, or any other material contained in a third party site. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites. Please review the privacy statement on those other websites to see how they handle your information.
If you choose to use our Website in any way, such as browsing or interacting, you agree with the terms of our current Privacy Statement as posted here. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not use our Website. We may update or modify this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion, and will note the date of last update on the top of this page. We encourage you to visit this area frequently to stay informed, as your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to such changes.
- What Information Does R3 Collect?
We may obtain information, including personal data, about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it on our website, subscribe to our newsletters or research reports, discuss potential opportunities with R3 staff members, in telephone or email communication, through third parties (such as when you provide employment application information to a third party), or at one of our events. When you visit the Website, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons, as described below.
Information that You or Others Provide
You may choose to provide information to us when you contact us (such as name, email address, organization, and the content you provide in such communications).
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, we will assume that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit this Website or open an email that we send you, we may collect information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
- Web server logs: In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details regarding your device, operating system, or information about your Website usage.
- Web beacons & pixels: To control which web servers collect information described above, we may place tags on our Website or in emails called “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. Web beacons and pixels can be used to track the pages you view, links that you click, or other online behavior. These tools may also be used to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email, and any URL accessed through our email message.
- Other: we may use other technology to collect information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Such technologies may permit collection of data elements such as demographic data, browser type, MAC address and other device information, operating system type and settings, domain, the address of the web page that linked you to our Website, IP address, pages visited, whether you have visited us before or are new to the Website, activities
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of the functionality of our Websites may be impaired. If you turn off cookies, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to our Websites, but the information they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of similar technologies.
- How Does R3 Use My Information?
We collect, maintain, and use your information for the following purposes:
- responding to your inquiries or feedback;
- sending you newsletters, research reports, and information about upcoming events;
- analyzing and improving our Website (including developing new services; improving safety; managing our communications; performing market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- making employment decisions if you apply for a position;
- maintaining the security and integrity of our systems, including maintaining internal records;
- conforming to legal requirements or industry standards, complying with legal process, detecting and preventing fraud or misuse, defending our legal rights, or protecting others; or
- as part of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, transfer, sale, corporate change, or any other transaction involving all or a portion of R3’s assets.
All information we collect may be aggregated and merged or enhanced with data from other sources, such as third parties. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches. Personal data collected is to personalize and improve your experience with services and products provided by R3. Information collected is processed in relation to performance of a contract or due to legitimate business needs.
- How Does R3 Share My Information?
We may disclose your information to R3 affiliates and third parties who help us with our business functions, such as service providers or suppliers. Examples of these service providers include entities that provide web hosting or analytics services and applications that store your personal data for registration and marketing purposes. These service providers may be located around the world and may be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. We will also share your personal data when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to a valid legal process.
In addition, we may share your information if necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of us, our customers, or employees, or when otherwise required by law. We may also share your information with your consent in certain circumstances.
We reserve the right to transfer information we have about you in the event we sell, transfer, or engage in another transaction involving all or a portion of our business or assets, or undertake another form of corporate change, including bankruptcy. Following such a sale, transfer, or transaction, or corporate change, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Your information may be stored in databases maintained by R3 (including local storage) or third parties, and may be disclosed to third parties for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement, that are located within and outside the United States, including countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the country in which you reside. If you visit our Websites from a country other than the United States, you consent to such cross-border transfers of personal data to the United States and to other countries around the world.
- Is My Information Secure?
R3 will take reasonable precautions to protect your information from loss, misuse or alteration. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to help protection the security of your personal data. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception. We have implemented various policies including access and retention policies to guard against unauthorized access.
6. What are my rights?
GDPR provides rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. The right provided to individuals include the following:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data; and
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service.
If you would like to change your personal information or have your information deleted, please update your preferences here.
7. Does R3 Collect Information From Children?
R3 does not intentionally collect information from children under 13 years of age, and children under age 13 should not submit any information to us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with information without parental consent, or a parent or guardian of a child contacts us through the contact information provided below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
- What Choices Do I Have?
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide the services described in this Privacy Statement and for our internal business purposes. If you would like us to delete information, you may contact us using the information below and we will take reasonable efforts to delete your information from our records, but may need to keep a copy for administrative or compliance purposes (such as documenting that an interaction occurred).
9. I Live in California – What About My California Privacy Rights?
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from R3 regarding the manner in which R3 shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to R3 at its designated email address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information R3 disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
10. How Can I Contact R3?
R3 is committed to working with you to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy. If you have submitted information to R3 and you would like to have it deleted from our databases or corrected, or if you have any other questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You can also write to us at the following address:
11 West 42nd Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10036