This Trademark Policy (“Policy”) applies to your use of the of all trademark, service marks, and graphical logos that identify Corda projects, including those embedded in the Corda software and related documentation (collectively “Corda Marks”). You may refer to our list of Corda Marks at https://www.r3.com/trademarks. R3CEV LLC and its affiliates (“R3,” “we” or “us”)) own all Corda Marks.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the Corda Marks, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at 1370 Broadway, Suite 1050, New York, NY 10018.
- Purpose of this Policy
R3 makes certain software available for use under the Apache 2.0 and other open source licenses at https://github.com/corda. Certain of the software contains Corda Marks in the code base, user interfaces and associated documentation. While R3 encourages the use of the software in accordance with its applicable open source software licenses, including building additional applications and functions on top of the R3 code, if you use any code or other materials that include any Corda Marks, this Policy is for you. This Policy is intended to ensure that the Corda Marks are used in approved ways to legally protect our brands; prevent mistakes, deception, and confusion in the marketplace about products bearing the Corda Marks; and protect the reputation and goodwill of R3 and the Corda Marks.
If you have any questions about the use of the Corda Marks or if you wish to use the Corda Marks in any way other than as permitted by this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Permitted Uses of Corda Marks
You may use the Corda Marks only in the forms provided by R3. Any modifications or variations of the Corda Marks is strictly prohibited. The following uses of the Corda Marks are permitted under this Policy. All other uses of must be approved in writing by R3.
- Nominative Use. You may use the Corda Marks if the use is “nominative,” meaning that the Corda Mark is being used to identify software or products produced, provided, or made available by R3. In this context, you may use only so much of the Corda Marks as is reasonably necessary to identify the applicable R3 product or service. You may not use the Corda Mark with products or service not produced, provided or made available by R3. Examples of permitted nominative fair use:
- (i) “Open source copies of Cordasoftware are available at … ”
- (ii) “My modified version of the Corda software is available under my own trademarks at my website.”
- (iii) “This is the graphic logo for Corda software.”
- You may use the Corda Marks to identify them as trademarks of R3. You may use the Corda Marks in connection with documentation or writings about the Corda projects to identify the software provided by R3 under those marks.
- Linking. You may use the Corda Marks, including graphical logos, on your own website solely as a hyperlink to the appropriate R3 project, or in other materials, such as presentations and slides in each case solely as a means to refer to Corda and R3 itself.
- Redistribution of Software.
- (i) You may use the Corda Marks to the extent and in the form they are embedded in unmodified software downloaded from R3’s open source repositories. When redistributing our unmodified software, you must retain the Corda Marks incorporated into that project and its associated documentation.
- (ii) If you make any changes to the software that you intend to contribute back to the R3 Corda project, you may use the Corda Marks with the resulting software.
- (iii) If you make any changes to the software (other than configuration or installation changes that do not involve changes to the source code), that you do not intend to contribute back to the R3 Corda project, you may not use the Corda Marks with the resulting software. and you must remove all Corda Marks from the resulting software prior to distribution.
- (iv) Notwithstanding the foregoing, R3 reserves the right to require you to remove any or all Corda Marks from any distributed software at any time upon written notice.
- Prohibited Uses of Corda Marks
- Commercial Use.You may not use the Corda Marks in connection with commercial redistribution of Corda software (commercial redistribution includes, but is not limited to, redistribution in connection with any commercial business activities or revenue-generating business activities) regardless of whether the Corda software is modified or unmodified.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship.You may not use the Corda Marks in a manner that would imply affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a product or service by R3 or its affiliates.
- You may not change the trademark on unmodified Corda software to your own brand. You may not hold yourself out as the source of the Corda software, except to the extent you have modified the software as permitted under the applicable software license and you make it clear that you are the source only of the modification.
- Domain Names.You may not use the Corda Marks or any variations thereof or any confusingly similar phrase or name in a domain name or URL without our prior permission.
- Entity Names.You may not form a company, use a company name, or create a software product name that includes the Corda Marks.
- You may not use the Corda Marks to identify software that combines any portion of the Corda software with any other software, unless the combined distribution is an official R3 Corda distribution.
- You may not manufacture, sell, or give away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing the Corda Marks, or create any mascot for the project without our prior permission.
- Variations on Corda Marks. You may not use any variations of the Corda Marks or any marks that are confusingly similar to the Corda Marks for any purpose.